Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Curved All-in-One - 34-a010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I installed fresh Windows 10 ver 10H2 on my curved 34" and instaleld HP drivers and ensured that Windows was up to date.

After installation, when I let it boot up - then it says PC Mode display going to sleep!

However, if I connect an HDMI cable to HDMI and the other end of the HDMI cable to a computer that is on - then the HP 34" boots up into Windows and works 100%.

I checked that the bios settings were in default.

Kindly advise what to do to get the HP to work without connect an HDMI cable to another running computer please.

Thank you,

Philip

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I suspect the install of the "fresh Windows 10 ver 10H2 " was done with that HDMI cable attached to the other device.

The install used something related to that other device and the boot manager is relying on the other device to navigate the boot process.  It is probably a simple fix accomplished by booting the 32" to the install media with no other connections except the keyboard and mouse.  When it boots to the install media, pick "repair your computer"

Here is a guide from How-to-Geek

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/32523/how-to-manually-repair-windows-7-boot-loader-problems/

Scroll down to the section where it shows the start up screen and then follow the article.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.