Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
SLIM SC1

Hello there is no option in the bios to let the computer boot from the legacy support ad dvd or pen drive. IT's impossible to install any OS. Tried everything in the BIOS

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi@Lore2, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps from the document for HP PCs - Performing a System Recovery (Windows 10)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

It's a free dos dude, try again. The bios is bugged

HP Recommended

Hi@Lore2, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

To enable or disable Secure Boot on an HP notebook computer, first, confirm if Legacy Support is available and enabled.

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Press the power button to turn on the computer, and then immediately press the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup Menu opens.

Startup Menu

3. Press F10 to open BIOS Setup.

4. Use the right arrow key to select System Configuration, use the down arrow key to select Boot Options, and then press Enter.

Boot Options selection in the System Configuration window

5. Check for Legacy Support in the list.

Boot options list including Legacy Support

• If Legacy Support is not listed, continue to the next step.

• If Legacy Support is listed and you are enabling Secure Boot, use the down arrow to select Legacy Support, press Enter, select Disabled, press Enter, and then continue to the next step.

• If Legacy Support is listed and you are disabling Secure Boot, continue to the next step.

6. Use the down arrow key to select Secure Boot, and then press Enter.

7. Use the down arrow key to select Enabled or Disabled depending on your requirements.

Enable Secure Boot

8. Press Enter to save the change.

• If you enabled Secure Boot, depending on your notebook, press F10 to save the changes and reboot, or use the left arrow key to select the File menu, use the down arrow key to select Save Changes and Exit, and then press Enter to select Yes to confirm the change.

• If you disabled Secure Boot, continue to the next step.

9. Use the arrow keys to select Legacy Support, press Enter to change the setting to Enable, press Enter, select Yes in the confirmation window, and then press Enter.

Confirmation window for enabling Legacy Support

10. Use the down arrow key to select a device in the Legacy Boot Order menu, and press F5 and F6 to move the device down or up.

Change Legacy Boot Order

11. Press F10 to accept the changes, use the left arrow key to select Yes, and then press Enter to Exit Saving Changes to restart the computer.

12. If an Operating System Boot Mode Change message displays, type the code shown, and then press Enter to start Windows.

NOTE: 

Make sure you type the code correctly. There is no text field to see what you are typing. This is expected behavior.

Example of the four-digit code indicating the boot mode change

13. Turn off the computer, wait a few seconds, turn on the computer, and then immediately press Esc repeatedly until the Startup menu opens.

14. When the Startup Menu displays, press F9 to open the Boot Device Options.

Select Boot Device Options

15. When the Boot Manager Window opens, use the down arrow key to select a boot device, and then press Enter to start the computer from the selected device.

Select a boot device

Please refer to the following link to Secure Boot (Windows 10)

HP Recommended

Hello, no way, tried everything , reset the bios many time. It' s missing the legacy supports.

Tried many time to change the secure boot on/off to see what happend. The bios you showed me is an old one. Actually is similar but newer looking.  Probably i can fix it installing a new HD with windows already installaed, than i can upgrade the BIOS.

I'm very unhappy

HP Recommended

@Lore2,

I understand that you're unable to update the BIOS HP computer  and it needs to download one by one and needs to restart the computer to make sure the Adapter or Charger needs to be connected,

Please click on the hyperlink below to install 

HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.