Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion All-in-One - 24-b010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I was trying to install a Linux based OS from a thumb drive and I received a message saying that USB security was preventing the install. My PC is a HP Pavilion All in One 24-b010 with a Samui A9 Motherboard. I went into the bios and I disabled security for the USB connections in the BIOS. I was expecting this to allow me to install an OS from an unknown source or something but instead it just deactivated all the USB connections. I can now no longer use any USB devices so I can't do anything with the computer. No keyboard or mouse will work with it.

I have tried resetting CMOS by placing the only jumper pin on the motherboard (right of the motherboard battery) with no luck. I have taken the battery out and left the computer idle for over 30 minutes with no luck. I have held down the power button while the computer was unplugged and the motherboard battery was taken out for over 30 seconds with no luck. 

When I restart the computer after resetting CMOS the BIOS acknowledges that CMOS has been restarted but the USB connections still do not work. I have tried multiple keyboards. Anybody have any other ideas I could try? I really don't want to buy a replacement motherboard because of a BIOS issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ok I solved it by moving the jumpers on the motherboard. There are ten pins with five on top and five on bottom. The default jumper position is on the two most right pins on the top. To reset CMOS successfully I placed the jumper vertically on the seconds pins (pin #2 and the one directly under it pin # 7).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Ok I solved it by moving the jumpers on the motherboard. There are ten pins with five on top and five on bottom. The default jumper position is on the two most right pins on the top. To reset CMOS successfully I placed the jumper vertically on the seconds pins (pin #2 and the one directly under it pin # 7).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.