Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 590-p0020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I upgraded the Bios to the latest F.41 Rev A from the original F.15 and now it gets a black screen after the spinning circle. Then it goes into recovery and I boot into safe mode with network. The boardID is 8433 and sku is 8CG8473DPN. I try running to boot fix and it failed. Looking into the SrtTrail.txt it say all the errors are 0x0 and at the end:

Root cause found:
---------------------------
Boot status indicates that the OS booted successfully.

---------------------------

Next I ran the sfc /scannow and the CBS.log only have Info statements but still doesn't fix the problem.

I also tried reset PC but keeping files and after Preparing a few times it undo changes and back to the same.

Next I tried going back to BIOS F.15 by rollback and I get Unable to open BIOS signature file. I downloaded F.15, F.31, F.40 and I get the same error. So I can't move backward back to the old BIOS. Any suggestions? I will be happy to either fix this or go back to the F.15 BIOS.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to clean install W10 using the media creation tool at the link below to create a bootable W10 installation flash drive.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

When you get to the part of the installation that asks, 'where do you want to install windows,' delete every partition on the drive, leaving just one partition of unallocated space.

Click Next, and W10 should install.

Now, if you have files on there you want to keep, don't delete any partitions and install W10 over the existing Windows partition and it will create a Windows.old folder.

After W10 has completed installing, you can explore the Windows.old folder, find your old user profile and copy and paste the file folders from your old user profile to the new installation.

Once you are sure you have recovered your files, you can delete the windows.old folder by running the disk cleanup utility.

When you get to the disk cleanup window, click on the cleanup system files button on the lower left side of the program and it will run again.

When it gets back to the disk cleanup window, check all of the boxes to delete the files.

You can install the drivers and available software from your PC's support page.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-590-p0000-desktop-pc-series/19390500

Also, you can factory reset the PC by making a bootable USB recovery drive using the cloud recovery tool.

Do that after you recover your files if you don't want to keep the clean installation of W10.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

HP Recommended

When I purchased this computer, I also go a 1 TB SSD drive that I immediately clone the HD. I just put back the original HD but it is having the same problem. This bios just doesn't boot to windows in normal mode, only to safe mode. I am running on safe mode with network which working find except no audio and probably no anti-virus. Is there a way to flash bios back to original without the BIOS signature error? Is there another working BIOS for this motherboard that I can flash to?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, that I do not know.

I suggest you start a new topic on the BIOS rollback.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.