Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
hp Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can't get passed my lock screen and the keyboard and mouse both don't work on the lock screen but they do work on the windows recovery screen.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I am trying to wrap my head around your problem. Can you use the keyboard to enter the HP Startup Menu?

HP Startup Menu:

Tap "ESC" at system startup.

Select "F10"; BIOS Setup.

Tell me if this is what's happening.

You start your PC.

The Lock screen appears but the mouse and keyboard are nowhere to be found.

How are you getting to the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE)?

WinRE images:

WinRE.PNG

Winre1.PNG

Try a Startup Repair. Or select Command Prompt. Then run the system File Checker.

Enter the following command, without quotes, "sfc /scannow".

I have never seen this problem. USB devices should always work or not work at all if you have a hardware problem.

Try connecting both devices to different USB ports.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.