Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Compaq Pro 6300

Hi Need to Upgrade PC but Cannot Boot to USB on Pro 6300 All in One.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Your PC's chipset was introduced by Intel in 2012.

Seeing no USB boot option when loading the HP Boot Menu suggests your PC cannot boot to USB media.

Tap "ESC" at boot. Then select the "Boot Menu" to see if you have this option.

What operating system are you using?

HP has recent 2018 BIOS updates (Win 7, 64 bit and W8.1, 64 bit (Link)) which may allow USB boot if you don't have it now.

You can usually install W8.1 BIOS updates when running W10.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.

Pc has windows 7 enterprise 32bit installed. I want to upgrade to Windows 10.

I did upgrade to the latest Bios.  The BIOS se the USB flashdrive , but it does not appear in boot menu. I have never seen this before happening.

HP Recommended

Thank Got it working.

When pressing esc it has a EUFI boot aplication option where u can direct it to the Boot file on USB. On f9 that is not availble.

So ESC worked awesome to find that

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi Walconn,

You're very welcome.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.