Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-xa0097nf
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

I started with the issue "Cannot disable HP PC hardware diagnostic tool on startup" and followed the instructions from this post:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Cannot-disable-HP-PC-hardware-diagnostic-tool...

This did not solve the problem but created another one: now I have lost both my mouse & keyboard

For an unknow reason, the "HP PC hardware diagnostic tool on startup" issue has finally disappeared and I do have the Windows 11 front page, but still no keyboard nor mouse.

During start up, before the launch of Windows11, I see the green light of my keyboard but it disappears after a few seconds and the keyboard is disabled.

Since I have no mouse as well, I don't know what to do

Thank you in advance for your help

Richard

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

hi

If you get a message on startup, there may be a hardware problem.
the goal, not being to deactivate, but to test the computer following the messages, normally
in the link you give, it says to use the system microsoft restore
but if the computer has a problem, it can actually be a failure

please perform the hardware tests
everything is explained in this link

HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures | HP® Customer Support

An example of a failed test with Contact HP option

you may have an error code , failure ID (24-digit code) , as shown

if so, just give this code here

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for this feeback

At the time I was blocked on the "HP PC hardware diagnostic tool" (my initial problem), I ran all possible hardware tests and no hardware failure was detected. 

I do not get any message on start up. It takes me to the usual Windows front page (date, time, picture...) but both keyboard & mouse are disabled

I tried with a different keyboard/mouse and same issue

If I enter the BIOS menu (F10) before the start of Windows 11, my keyboard is working fine

Help welcome

Thank you

HP Recommended

have you tried from another usb port?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Yes, I tried several ports, several hardware, live plug/unplug...

HP Recommended

In this case tell me everything you have already tried, otherwise we will continue to repeat ourselves
can you restart with f11 and in safe mode?

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/ish_5000477-5000532-16

https://support.hp.com/fr-fr/document/c06409772

Système d’exploitation
Windows 10 Famille 64

the computer is original with windows 10 according to this
When did the problems start?

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Go to the Start Menu, type msconfig in the search box, and press Enter.
Click on the Boot tab.
Un-check the Safe boot check box under Boot options.

Hope You Find This Useful,

Peter

HP Recommended

""

I do not get any message on start up. It takes me to the usual Windows front page (date, time, picture...) but both keyboard & mouse are disabled

I tried with a different keyboard/mouse and same issue ""

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.