Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 590-P0020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new Pavilion 590-P0020.

I am running BIOS 10 - (5/31/2018) 

I can successfully hit ESC to get the blue pick list in BIOS/UEFI that allows for several options, including hardware diagnostics, boot disk selection, enter BIOS setup, and <enter> to continue.

Selecting UEFI hardware diagnostics (F2, IIRC) works great.  The other options don't work (well, enter works - boots Windows normally...)

Can anyone offer any suggestions?  I just want to get into BIOS to check boot order of disks, see the settings, etc.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@dclive, welcome to the forum.

You can try tapping "F10" once per second when the computer begins to boot.  This should take you directly to the BIOS setup utility.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@dclive, welcome to the forum.

You can try tapping "F10" once per second when the computer begins to boot.  This should take you directly to the BIOS setup utility.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

The F10 key apparently is overridden on my keyboard with another function, and requires the Fn key to be pressed simultaneously.  Pressing Fn-F10 fixed the issue completely.  

HP Recommended

@dclive, thanks for the update.  You can go into the BIOS and change the setting so you don't have to use the Fn key for that purpose: System Configuration/Action Keys Mode/Enabled.  I have mine set so it will work without the Fn key.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.