Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Prodesk 600 G1 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! After converting SSD disk from MBR to GPT and starting to use UEFI mode (previously was in Legacy), cannot enter BIOS anymore. Esc. ,F2, F10 do not work, also getting to UEFI via Recovery from Windows environment does not work. The PC works fine. System information confirms Prodesk runs in UEFI. Just want to know how to enter BIOS in case of necessity later. The only solution I found is resetting CMOS which is too complicated to do every time. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Power-off your computer.

Hold-down any key on your keyboard.

While holding it down, power-on your computer.

Do you see a message like "keyboard error. Press <some_key_is_listed_here> to enter BIOS SETUP" ?

HP Recommended

I tried it twice with different keys. Unfortunately blank screen and then PC goes straight into Windows without chance to get into BIOS.

HP Recommended

With the computer powered-off, and not connected to electrical power, disconnect the "power" or "data" cables from the disk-drive.. Reconnect the electrical power cord to the computer, and start the computer. Since the computer cannot connect to the disk-drive, to load Windows, you will get an error-message, and an opportunity to press a key to enter BIOS SETUP.

HP Recommended

This task is same complexity comparing to simply pushing BIOS reset button on motherboard. I was wondering if this Prodesk 600 G1 behaviour is normal (not being able to access BIOS) after switching to UEFI and secure boot on.  Or is something wrong in BIOS settings? The only BIOS change as far as I recall, after setting defaults was to turn secure boot on and legacy mode off. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.