Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion P6-2055sc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey!
So at the moment i am trying to enable virtualization,i m able to boot the computer into windows but entering network boot (spamming f10 key before HP loading screen)  but due to past problems, i have trouble getting into BIOS.
It started when i got a new graphics card (Asus Geforce GT740) and this caused my computer not being able to boot, without forcing it into network boot.

But like i said, when im trying to enter BIOS, it gets onto the screen where it says "Press Escape to enter Startup Menu" which at that moment it ignores when i press ESC.

I have tried holding it, i have tried all F1-F12, but nothing makes a difference, so im wondering if there is any way for me to get into bios and Bypass this problem.
I have looked for BIOS updates aswell, but i haven't been able to find one so far.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@alilleland, welcome to the forum.

The reason that the computer wouldn't boot with the GT 740 installed is, it requires UEFI in the motherboard instead of a standard BIOS.  If you are still using the GT 740, I suggest removing it to see if you can get into the Startup Menu.  You can do this by tapping the Esc key as soon as the computer begins to boot.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@alilleland, welcome to the forum.

The reason that the computer wouldn't boot with the GT 740 installed is, it requires UEFI in the motherboard instead of a standard BIOS.  If you are still using the GT 740, I suggest removing it to see if you can get into the Startup Menu.  You can do this by tapping the Esc key as soon as the computer begins to boot.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much!
Worked like a charm 🙂

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @alilleland.  I am glad it worked for you!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.