Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp omen 30l (Dorado OC motherboard)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently switched the processor on the motherboard. At first it would startup with 3 long beeps and 2 short beeps. I turned it off to lookup what that meant. When I came back to try again now the computer will only turn on for about 4 seconds. The fans spin up and the internal light strip turns on, then it shuts off. It will do this indefinitely if I allow it. 

I am thinking that I should try to clear the cmos\bios but I can't seem to get this to happen. I have tried pulling the battery for at least 10 min and just about every combination of jumper settings on the motherboard next to the battery with no success.

I have also tried switching to a different PSU, memory,and back to original CPU and nothing seems to allow the system to come out of the boot loop.

Please help as I can't think of anything else to do.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Did you swap out the CPU with an identical one? Or did you 'upgrade' the CPU to a faster one?
If it's the latter, did you check on the HP website that your PC supports the new processor? Also you could try updating the BIOS to latest version with the ORIGINAL cpu installed, then after BIOS update try the new CPU.

There should be no need to clear/reset BIOS as you can't overclock the unit as far as I'm aware so there should be nothing in BIOS preventing the new cpu working.

Also, in conjunction with pulling the CMOS battery, there should be a jumper block on the mainboard saying 'clear CMOS' or words to that effect. You'll need to apply the jumper on the short-out pins to reset BIOS.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.