Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Compaq Presario CQ3320L
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, I would like to ask for help regarding my desktop PC, Compaq Presario CQ3320L

It is been a while (not a year, yet) that I had never turned on my PC until I brought it back to "life" these last days but something seems wrong.

I plugged in everything correctly, the PC is able to turn on but there is no signal in monitor nor any beep sound coming out.

I have tried these, too :

• Changing the cables (Power, VGA)
  • Changing the monitor
  • Resetting the CMOS
  • Unplugging, cleaning, and plugging the RAM back - I also tried to let my PC on without the RAM and it sounded short-long beep, perhaps the motherboard is still healthy?
  • Changing the power supply
  • Reseating the power cables inside
  • Resetting the PC by holding the power button

Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Thank you! 😁🙏

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The short-long beep is a sure sign of life, according to HP's "HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - BIOS Beep Codes" page, so that is a really good sign that it may still be good. Maybe your RAM is faulty? If there are multiple RAM sticks, you should try booting with just one of them installed, swapping them each time.

~ bmk3k ~
HP Recommended

Hello Bmk3k, thank you for your answer.

I used to have two RAM in my PC but then, months ago, I decided to remove one of them that seems to be faulty. Later on, the PC could start but now, with only single RAM as you've mentioned, I cannot manage to get to the Windows booting screen and there is no signal.

HP Recommended

Maybe that stick is faulty now too? There could be an issue with your machine that may have killed the first stick and now this one, which could be true if both RAM sticks are of the same brand.

~ bmk3k ~
HP Recommended

Oh, I see. 

I think you may be right. The RAM, I think,  is very old already. Perhaps, 10 years old so I might have to buy the new one.

Thank you for the answer! 😁

HP Recommended

Your welcome! Seeing as it's going on 10+ years old, I wouldn't be surprised if some components on it were starting to degrade.

~ bmk3k ~
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.