Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ENVY Phoenix Desktop 860-009na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Unfortunately, I don't think the forum community can help with this one, but I am essentially stuck.

My computer started having serious issues 4th April. It took around 5 online chat/phone calls to HP support for them to finally accept it was a hardware issue, after them repeatedly telling them it was a Windows Installation issue, even after a factory reset to them to agree for the computer to be picked up on 20th. I just got the computer today after they had to replace the CPU. Fortunately during this time, I had a break over Easter so I could afford to "mess around" getting this sorted.

I received the computer today. Plugged it in fine, started doing the numerous 2 or so years worth of driver updates with HP support tool, etc, and started transferring backed up files over to the computer. As this was going to take some time. I left the computer alone. When I returned to it a couple of hours later, the computer was frozen and completely unresponsive. So after waiting 20 mintes at the machine for any sign of change, I made the decision to power it down. Hoping just to boot it back up and it can kick-start in contuning whatever.

However the computer is totally unresponsive, dead as the dodo, bricked. Pressing the power button does nothing at all. The PSU light at the back of the machine is green and lit, but no start up whir, fans, beeping, or anything at all. Hypothetically, could be simple as the on button being broken, no idea.

To complicate it further, I am having to travel to work, so I am no where near the machine, Mon-Fri within HP support hours whilst being in the proximity of my computer and they don't do weekends. Whilst you might think the solution would be "just phone them when away and arrange for pick-up", when I did that 1 time previously, the support person point blank refused because I wasn't in proximity of the machine and HP were doing their best to avoid having to arrange a pick-up (hence taking 2 weeks to get the original pick-up, even lying on one occasion they were arranging when it wasn't)

Going to try to phone tomorrow during a work break, but if anyone has a genius suggestion on trying to remedy the problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well, I got to be honest, HP support were very helpful this time. Got a pick-up arranged for tomorrow!

I guess I was panicking/annoyed because my initial experience went dreadful, but I had a follow-up phone call today at work, and I managed to get some time off work (due to cancelled appointments) to come home then phone up to try to get it sorted.

I apologise for my OP, it was more catharsis than anything else.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi Steven

I am suprised you did not see an instruction sheet with directions on how to contact the HP Service Center if you had a problem.

A similar thing happened to me. I contacted the HP Service Center and was able to talk to the tech that repaired the PC.

He arranged for a new return RMA as we spoke on the phone.

Grzy

HP Recommended

Well, I got to be honest, HP support were very helpful this time. Got a pick-up arranged for tomorrow!

I guess I was panicking/annoyed because my initial experience went dreadful, but I had a follow-up phone call today at work, and I managed to get some time off work (due to cancelled appointments) to come home then phone up to try to get it sorted.

I apologise for my OP, it was more catharsis than anything else.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.