Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen Obelisk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So there was a new update for windows 10 this week and I just received the notification last night. Like normal, I closed out of all my applications and hit the good o'l "Update and Shutdown" button before I left for the night. I get back from work today only to find that my pc decided to say "screw this guy" and not work. The desktop turns on with the internal lights working, but the display refuses to show up. I get the 8 warning beeps telling me that there was an error for my pc, but the Beep Code is 2:2. According to the HP support website that is an issue between the outdated BIOS update and the WIndows 10 update. The solution proposed is: "Typically no steps needed." Thanks, that would help if it worked... Anyway, I tried the Sure Start, which doesn't work; aka the WIndows and B or WIndows and V key with the power for 2 to 3 seconds. I disconnected about everything and reconnected it in the pc, nothing changes, and I cant seem to get the menu up by "repeatedly tapping the esc button when the pc turns on," which hinders me from downloading a usb version of a BIOS update onto my pc. Idk what to do and everytime I call the HP support it says that they are not open even tho their times are mon-fri, 8am to 12pm.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Drobot94

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. This sounds like the windows operating system is not installed correctly due to that computer is not booting into windows desktop. 

The last thing I can suggest trying to restore the computer back to the factory settings. Performing an HP system recovery (Windows ) While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I really appreciate the help, but this is something that is impossible in my current situation. I do not get any display upon starting up.

HP Recommended

Same happened to me after windows updates (HP Firmeware update).

8 beeps + 2 long + 2 shot -> 4 times.

I contacted several times support team, they dont believe that it was windows updates and said i was a hardware problem, so i needed to ship my pc to repair.

Now i have proff that i was not the only one with this issue.

Thanks.

Oh and btw (you are screwed) ship it to fix they need to restore bios for sure, this last update really damaged the pc.

2 Major issues in 3 months with updates. I would not advice HP to anyone now.

HP Recommended

I have tried go back to last version of BIOS, current version of BIOS. Take out the graphical drive, clean etc etc.

HP Support still thinks it is a hardware damaged.

The screen does not load, just black screen.

This is one of those updates, that you just broke the PC's and now they need to be all shiped to store.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.