Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen Obelisk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer does 8 short beeps at first, then pauses and does a pattern of 2 long beeps 2 short beeps three times it is also not showing anything on the monitor I really need help

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

exactly what OMEN is it. vast there are, models. and sold CTO too. (options. max)

you did not flash (burn) the BIOS did you? 2,2 means corrupted. BIOS.

BIOS or CMOS problem (ROM) 8 beeps,  is the RTC coin cell above 2.9vdc? must be.

will PC run ,sans GPU card, using local igpu jack on rear, (if there)

AC cord removed for 15 mins first. so not hotswapping anything inside a PC.

that is the best I can do lacking real model #.

but beeping does mean catastrophic errors. best is check RTC and then strip PC down to min system to see of a  device is shorted. causing all this..... failure. hard.\

this>?

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/2-long-beep-2-short-beep-with-no-signals-on-sc...

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

I’m not sure what model it is but I have not done anything to the bios I am not really sure how to mess with that stuff because I am new to pc building but the pc was working fine a couple of days ago not sure why this is happening now 

HP Recommended

to fix any PC , tests must  be done.

try this , power off PC , pull line cord

then push power button  up to 3 times until fans stop twitching and no LED any where blinks dead LED.

now PC is dead. let it sit 1/2 hour or so and  not put back AC line cord to walll and test  it now.

this is what I call the long hard reset.

the short reset is with power on (I call this the south bridge Intel reset) hold power button on for 10 full seconds, and release.

those are the 2 classic tests, for any PC that is dead. (amd or intel "inside")

if that fails we do the strip down test. (after all any device made can short out)

out of blue it failed, gotcha, and happens. even bad RTC batteries happen from 5 to 7 years old. (less parked  with no AC power, as in stored and not used)

PC use vast shared resources, that part fails the whole card house collapses. (  thus the strip down testing,)

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

One of my friends suggested that it was bios because we took out other parts and it still made the beeping sound so we believe that the bios got corrupted the only bad part is I don’t know how I would fix that

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.