Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
hp all in on Model 24 -g216
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had my Pc for a year and 2 weeks (warranty just went out) and now it starts to lock and/or cutoff on it own i've done a factory reset and that worked for a few days and its back to freezing. For the whole year I had no problems this was one of my best PC I've ever purchased but if i can't get this fix I will look in to leaving HP products.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Biggron

Welcome to HP Forums!

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I understand you have some issues with your All-in-One computer and there is a performance issue.

Since you have re-installed windows, I would request you to perform a Hardware diagnostics. This will help us understand if this is a hardware or a software issue.

HP provides diagnostic software for testing hardware components on your computer and confirms hardware failures.

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

• Click Extensive Test.

• Click Run once.
    While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

Let us know the results of the test.

Have a Wonderful Day!

Cheers

MathewT
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I did the test and everything passed. I use a program called sure cuts alot to make vinyl t shirts and when I'm using that program it freezes as well.

HP Recommended

I have windows 10

HP Recommended

Hi @Bigg870

Welcome to HP Forums!

It’ll be an honor to guide you through the steps needed to identify and address your query.

Let's work together and check if we can fix this issue.

Step 1: Unlock the unresponsive computer

Use the steps in this section to help find the cause of the lockup.

• Disconnect all devices from the PC except for the keyboard and mouse and/or monitor required for minimal use.

• Remove any discs from the CD/DVD drives.

• If Windows becomes active again, clean, repair, or replace the disc. Troubleshooting is complete.

• If the lockup persists, continue troubleshooting using these steps.

• While holding down the Alt key, press the F4 key to close the application.

• If Windows becomes active again, the problem is related to an application. Save your work and restart the computer. Remember the name of the application that stopped responding or caused the error. Update or remove applications that continue to lock up. Troubleshooting is complete.

• If the lockup persists, continue troubleshooting using these steps.

• In Windows, search for and open Task Manager.

• Review the list of applications and processes under Processes to locate any that are not responding. Make a note of the names of those applications or processes that are not responding.

NOTE: Some applications or processes might display a Green Leaf icon  in the Status column. These applications or processes are currently suspended by the system to help increase computer performance. They do not need to be turned off.
  • Select an application or process that is not responding, and then click End Task.

• Continue clicking End Task for additional applications or processes that are not responding until all are removed from the list.

• Without closing Task Manager, click a window outside of Task Manager.

If Windows becomes active again, the problem is related to software. Save your work and restart the computer.

If the lockup persists, continue to the next step.

• Applications: Remember the names of the applications that stopped responding. Update or remove applications that continue to cause lockups, and then skip to the step to Uninstall software to fix lockup or freeze problems.

• Processes: Remember the process names that stopped responding. If Windows continues to lock up, update or remove applications that are associated with the process names.

Step 2: Update device drivers

As a part of troubleshooting, update drivers and software for your computer using Windows Update.

• To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

Step 3: Update the BIOS

If lockups still occur, update the BIOS. HP releases BIOS updates that can resolve problems related to lockups. Go to the HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads page to see if a BIOS update is available. If a Let's identify your product to get started page displays, select your computer type, type the model name of your computer, and then click Submit. The product support page opens.

If a BIOS update is available, download and install the update according to the instructions on the download page. Go to HP Desktop PCs - Updating the BIOS for more information.

Let me know if this helps.

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow.

Cheers

MathewT
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

After I uncheck automatic lock everything was working. I recently adding my officejet 7610 back and scanned an image while i was trying to view the image it locked up on me.

HP Recommended

Hi @Biggron

Welcome back!

Did the unit turn off or did it start to freeze?

Did you try all the steps I had suggested?

Let me know.

Cheers

MathewT
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.