Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Today, my computer beeped VERY loudly, went dead and won't turn back on.  HP wants $400-500 for a motherboard repair but I'm not even sure that's what it is.  Has anyone else had this experience??  Thanks in advance!  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

If it's an All-in-One unit no older than say 5 years, these models would beep VERY loudly if the power brick was of an UNDERRATED wattage. (eg. you're using a 65w adapter when the PC is expecting 90w) It beeps so loud that I've have people think the fire alarm is going off in the building.

Check the HP website for the wattage of the psu that was shipped with your unit & check it's the same as what you're using.

If it is, I guess it's possible that yours may have failed?

All HP all-in-ones (and older HP laptops), have the same power connector, so it's easy to mix them up if you've got more than one HP device in the home.

If you have trouble finding the correct adapter, share the exact model here and I'll have a look for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.