Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion 500 PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Failure ID 90FW2C-0009QJ-9XPH7G-60U403 

PRODUCTION ID: F3D80AA#ABA

FAILED

Somebody give me the bad news?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Daddysmell 

It means your hard drive failed and needs to be replaced. Hopefully you always backup your data, right?

That's not to say whats there is completely lost, but I have no way of knowing the extent of the failure.

You can replace the drive and install Windows again. You don't need an activation key if you were using Windows 10.

Let me know if you have further questions.

HP Recommended

Hey @Daddysmell 

Looks like you posted another question that was deleted perhaps.

Did you ask if its worth it to replace the hard drive?

IF so, that's a good question and its really dependent on what you can afford.

That system is over 7 years old now and it was a slow machine when it was new.

That kind of performance would really hinder you for just about anything unless you just need an email machine.

I would say if you can, you will be much happier with a new system that uses an SSD drive and will be so much faster.

If you need a recommendation, don't hesitate to ask.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.