Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Pavillion TP01-1056
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having an issue getting my motherboard to POST. This has occured pretty much since I purchased the pc about 2 months ago. When I can get it to boot up into Windows it works fine and doesn't turn off or restart at all, no issues. If I shutdown the pc or if the power plug is disconnected the pc refuses to POST upon booting again, but restarting it from windows menu doesn't cause the issue. The power on LED comes on, I can hear the hard drive, and all fans spin at high speed but, no display input or power to mouse/keyboard. It then turns off after about 15 seconds on it's own, then powers back on again without POST and it stays on for good with the same symptoms I just desctibed (no display signal or keyboard/mouse power from usb). I've been resetting the bios and leaving it unplugged for a little bit to get it to POST again in the past and it would work sporadically. Recently though, I put it in hibernate overnight and since then nothing is getting it to POST. I've tried leaving it unplugged overnight with the cmos battery removed because it would work again by doing it in the past. Even replaced the cmos battery with a new one. I've done all the possible troubleshooting imaginable for every peice of hardware except trying a different psu and motherboard. My question is, will a psu or mobo slowly cause this issue or could it be bios related or something else? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

HP Pavillion TP01-1056

Intel Core i7-10700

8gb 4ddr Ram

Windows 10 64bit

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

If you really purchased it only two months ago, the HP Warranty is still in effect.

Exercise the warranty to get it fixed/replaced.

all fans spin at high speed but, no display input or power to mouse/keyboard. It then turns off after about 15 seconds on it's own

During the POST (Power On Self Test), the fan should temporarily spin at maximum speed and maximum noise, to "prove" to the motherboard that it is functioning correctly. Then, the POST should tell the fan to slow down, and it will get quieter.  That power-off is an indication that the POST did not complete successfully.

HP Recommended

I bought the pc refurbished but, the manufacturer warranty is still good, so I am about to do that. I just wanted to see if it could be an issue that I could easily fix first. Thanks anyways.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.