Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-In-One 27-r0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Pavilion All-In-One 27-r0xx

After following the prompts on HP assistant, I was prompted to update the bios. I did so and restarted the computer. After applying the update it will only boot to a black screen that details:

IMG_0001.jpgIMG_0002.jpg

Processor Type: IntelR Core i7-8700T CPU @ 2.40 Ghz

Processor Speed: 2400 Mhz

Cache size: LI/L2/L3: 64KBx6  / 256KB/X  / 12288KB

Memory Size: 12288 MB DDR4  / 2666MHz / Dual Channel

Channel A:  XMM1 8192 MB

Channel B:  XMM2 4096 MB

BIOS Revision Date( 8448 vF.10 10/26/2018)

It prompts for user to "Press ESC key for Startup Menu"

Steps I've tried:

- Tapping Esc Key prior to boot and after boot (both yield no response)

- After hard resetting, pressing either F1, F2, F10 (these all bring me to the same screen "Press ESC key for Startup Menu" but will change the text in the bottom right depending on which F key I press)

I've attempted to load BIOS recovery to a USB flash drive, but since I can't change the boot option to drive 1st, it brings me to the original ESC for Startup screen.

I've also tried Windows+V/WIndows+B. Windows V is unresponsive. WindowsB will beep 8 times, turn on and off a few times, then it brings me to the Press ESC for Startup Menu.

This computer was purchased in Sept '18, so any help would be great. I would prefer not to take it in to repair the device. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

A bad BIOS update normally creates a totally non-responsive system; so you get nothing at boot.

Please provide the specific HP product number of your AIO PC.

Many newer HP PCs have a BIOS Recovery option (Link).

Please avoid HPSA BIOS updates in the future. Do a manual BIOS update for the best results.

You could disassemble the system, pull the motherboard battery to reset CMOS but you have a new PC and a factory warranty.

You may have to contact HP Support for factory warranty service (Link).

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.