cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Katbow
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Computer wont start after update

HP Recommended
Hp all in one desktop pc 20-c400na
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My desktop turned off during an update and now the screen wont come on at all, I can hear power and fans when I initially turn it in, have tried a hard reset and still nothing.

1 REPLY 1
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
7,153 5,604 681 1,651
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Your system turned off during an update. Was this a Microsoft update or a HP update? Did you lose AC power? Did you accidentially shut the system down?

Answers to these questions can help in troubleshooting your problem.

Your PC is about a year old, are you still in warranty? Contact HP Support (Link) if you are in warranty.

I am guessing you may have a problem updating to Windows version 1903.

Only connect a keyboard and mouse when attempting to restart your PC. 

Try tapping "ESC" at system startup to see if you can get to the HP (UEFI) Startup Menu.

Regards

Tags (1)
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation