Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavlilion 790-0901
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Corrupted Bios 844C and CMOS on a HP Pavlilion 790-0901during an automatic scheduled update if HP support assistant.  Bios does not boot, computer freeze , and none F10, F1, F2, F11 or F12 works

Already done:

1 Recover bios from CMOS with Windows Key and V simultaneously.  Does not work because CMOS is also corrupted.

2 Tried to reboot with USB Flash bios tools created on another HP computer and procedure 1 above.  Does not work with version 4.1 nor 4.2 of the flash bios. 

3 Tried to reset the CMOS by removing the battery and redo procedure 2 above.  Same result the Bios does not loaded and the computer freezes there. 

What do I do next?

As long as the bios is not repaired, I cannot use any diagnostic from HP or Windows, and I cannot mount a system back up.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Sorry Pavilion 790-0109

HP Recommended

This problem is related to the post 'Slimline 260-a180nd corrupt bios?' posted a day or two, since the screen where everything freezes has the same type if info, but wirth different data fo course.

HP Recommended

@ti-oui

I reviewed your post and I understand that the BIOS is corrupt on the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I see that you have already followed all the relevant troubleshooting steps and I recommend you contact support and check the available service options for your computer.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your assistance and great help.

I registered for support and phone them when I got the case number and phone number.  They diagnose that the problem was 'probably' related to a faulty motherboard.   And this is where I became most frustrated.

The one-year warrantee on my HP 790-0109 has ended recently on January 31, 2021.  The machine was working perfectly well just before the BIOS update.  During the update there was no electric power outage that could have damage the system.  It just froze at the HP Logo while rebooting.

Because a problem cause by an update with an HP softpack,  I have to pay $350, send my recent computer to the service shop, and loose my machine for 10 days.  All of this after spending another 10 days, diagnosing, searching and trying possible HP solutions.

As I said, it is just over a year that I have this computer.  Last year at the end of  March, I had already lost about a month after a 'Frozen blue screen problem' due once again to an HP update.  It took about a month to HP to figure out the that there was a conflict between an Intel driver installed during the HP update and a new official version of Windows 10.

Will it be possible to carry the message to your management that they ought to more extensively test their Softpack update before putting it for large main stream distribution.

Thank you

HP Recommended

@ti-oui

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.