Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

My problem is not Safe mode and it is Unchecked in msconfig, its sleep mode I have the default windows 10 as a start up, also i just went into the bios downloads from your site and it asked "what version of windows do you have, now i have the orginal windows 7 but i upgraded to windows10 if i put in windows 7 it states there is no upddate.  It does not give me a choice to put windows 10 as an option. What are your thoughts?

Do you think i should get rid of the 4 start up options and just have it start with windows 10 and no options?  Is it possible sleep mode will return fully if i did?

PS: BTW VERY IMPORTANT IF I WAS ABLE TO UPGRADE THE BIOS, WOULD I BE SENT BACK TO MY ORIGINAL WINDOWS 7 AND WOULD THEN HAVE TO REINSTALL (UPGRADE) WINDOWS 10 AGAIN.=????

HP Recommended

@tomshpf

Upgrading the bios will not rollback windows operating system to Windows 7 to 10.

To get the answer to this question, You can try and remove the startup options check the functionality. 

Let's check the system hardware meets the minimum requirements.

Also, you can check and disable Fast Startup options from the Control Panel: Control Panel >  Power Options and click Choose what the power buttons do.

and Change settings that are currently unavailable and uncheck Turn on Fast Startup to disable this feature.

Double check the power options settings: navigate to Control Panel > Power Options and click Choose when to turn off the display. ( choose  and change Put the computer to sleep options

Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I think i made a mistake, when i was looking to upgrade the bios, it only gave me windows 7 to choose and I thought i needed windows 10. so I can click on the CHANGE BUTTON AND IT WILL UPGRADE, but it states I must disable the BitLocker. I could not find it in the search, but I found it in the registry. how can i disable this if I only find it in the registry? I haVe no problem with using the registry. if you let me know i will try the bios upgrade again. Thanks

HP Recommended

There is No upgrade for this pc, it stated it when i went to upgrade. so i can forget about it. 

Maybe someone else will have this crash on sleep mode and find the cure?

HP Recommended

@tomshpf

Try these methods to disable the BitLocker:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
  • Look for the drive on which you want BitLocker Drive Encryption turned off, and click Turn Off BitLocker
   CAUTION: If BitLocker is not disabled, the next time you restart the computer the BitLocker key might not be recognized. If you do not know the BitLocker recovery key, you might lose data or need to reinstall Windows.
  1. Search Windows for 'bitlocker', and then click Manage BitLocker in the results.

2. Click Suspend protection, and then click Yes to suspend protection.

Suspending BitLocker protection

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Echo,,  you said>>>

Try this methods to disable the BitLocker:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.

I do not see Bitlocker drive encryption,  it states if it is not listed then i  don't have it. but i looked it up in the registry and it is in there, what do you think?  Thanks

HP Recommended

@tomshpf
This is a very tricky one to get it done, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Echo,  Thanks, but i have done that in the past and they just tell me i am not under warrantee anymore and want to sell me a extended one, but i am low income senior and cannot afford it.

HP Recommended

@tomshpf
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Echo,    Appreciate what you are saying, i have done this before and it ends with HP saying we cannot help you for you are not under warrantee any longer and they try to sell me an extended warrantee. but for you, I will try it again, I will be waiting for the Private message.  Thank You

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.