Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
AiO HP Pavilion 24-xa0062no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I`ve problems with my new AiO HP Pavilion 24. After using it for some weeks it started to freeze and during last few days it took place daily. Absolutely for no reasons mouse will not activate anything on desktop after clicking on it with left button. With right mouse button I can only open the "Start" button but if I choose restart or shutdown command, PC starts this process but will not able to end this. Only solution is so called hard reboot from power button. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You PC is only a couple weeks old.

Try running Hardware diagnostics (Link) by tapping "Esc" at startup, Select "F2".

Run System Tests. You can also run component tests.

Use your PC's warranty by contacting HP Support (Link).

Possible causes:

Corrupt operating system

Drivers

Bad hardware (memory, HDD or SSD, motherboard, or the power supply).

Possible problem with a Windows update to version 1903

Regards

HP Recommended
Hello again.

After little period of investigation and testing I made a conclusion that problems probably were caused using MS Edge previous version 44.17763.1.0
Also I suspected that my OS was little bit outdated.
I upgraded Windows 10 Home to version 1903 and within this process Edge was upgraded to latest version 44.18362.267.0 as well.
Hopefully these measures were enough to avoid these freezing issues in the future.

But thanks anyway
HP Recommended

Hi

You're very welcome.

Sounds good.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.