Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion 23 all in one

So my desktop is an Hp Pavillion 23 all in one non touchscreen.  I have had it for 3 years, always taken care of it, installed updates and drivers as needed.  I had the newest Windows OS.  Now a week ago I get a blue screen that says no HD found (cf30)  how is this possible?  

No boot disc found, I checked the connections in the Hd and they are fine.  I am to the point that I will never buy another Hp again as support line was less then helpful.  There is no way that a computer just going on there years should have hard drive issues.

Anyone have advice other then buy a new computer?  This is infuriating.

Thanks,

Tim

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi

The specific model would help.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03598969

Probably when you replace the Hard Disk or Pc you will find that the drive is not made by HP.  So if you switch to Dell or who-ever make certain they do not use the Hard Drive vendor.

HP Recommended

That message usually indicates that the hard drive has failed.  If you check in the BIOS, it maybe still be showing there.  If it is, then the diagnostics may give better insight as to the condition of the drive.  Consider replacing the drive.

"There is no way that a computer just going on there years should have hard drive issues."  Hardware will fail and there is no telling the time limit on hardware.  Hard drives are not very expensive these days and are easy to replace.  The hard drive failing should be considered as a normal event.

I cannot comment on the support line people, but to make the comment " I am to the point that I will never buy another Hp again as support line was less then helpful." is probably somewhat harse.  To judge a product line on the response from some support line, has little to do with the whole company and their products.  Most likely just a poor day for the person that you spoke with.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.