Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have the same problem except when I remove the battery and let it sit for a few hours the computer boots up to the F1 screen I hit F1 to continue and the boot up continues and everything appears to be normal. It is a little bit of a pain in the butt so anything to help would be appreciated

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Mucker010

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

What is the model name of the Computer?

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for looking at this issue, my computer is an HP Pavillion mosel number P7-1519C

HP Recommended

Let's update the Computer:

Use HP Support Assistant to automatically install computer updates, such as updated drivers, system updates, and useful utilities.

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

6. Perform any other update management actions as needed.

• Postpone an update: Click Remind me, and then select a time preference.

• Delete an available update: Click the Delete icon  to remove the update from the list and record it in the action log.

• Review updates status: Click Action log below the list to view installed, postponed, or deleted updates.

Also, let's try a BIOS update:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00007682

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

d for updates, nothing there, I assume that since my computer does start up after removing and reinstalling the battery I should select update the Bios when windows is able to start. \let me know. Thanks Rick

HP Recommended

Which battery are you referring to as this a Desktop PC: HP Pavilion p7-1519c Desktop PC?

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The internal cmos battery, I pop it out, let it sit for a couple of hours, reinstall it and the computer boots up normally. When the computer stops, it only turns on, the fan works, the power lights are on, ie the green light at the back ans the blue light on the front but it goes no further. thanks Rick

HP Recommended

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team as this could be a hardware issue.

Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have run the HP hardware diagnostics a number of times and it always passes. As my computer is out of warranty is the a charge for the HP support web site? 

Thanks for your efforts

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.