Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 600 G5 MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

My brand new pc, after the first start up and configuration (a couple hours of correct working), showed me a pop-up in the bottom right part of the screen asking to restart to complete a security update. I agreed, the machine restarted but a few seconds into the boot procedure and I got back a noisy beep, the screen turned white requiring some kind of password (with a drop down menu asking me to select the language).

Of course no password works. It's also impossible to enter the bios (I tried to restart pushing every Function button on the keyboard but no bios)...it always ends up in that noisy beep and the white page asking the **bleep** password. Can someone help me, please?

IMG_20210113_215652.jpg

Fulvio Mammone
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

After one hour on the phone with a guy called Petar (from Serbia), the problem seems to be impossible to solve.
The guy told me that I have to pay for assistance. Well, for a machine bought a week ago, shipped yesterday, been on for a couple hours and finally stuck to an unknown page (asking me an unknown password) after a restart needed by a HP security software runnig an unrequested update. 

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Fulvio Mammone
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.