Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Slimline s5730f
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have an HP Pavilion Slimline s5730f. Had it for years. In the past I was using my plasma tv as a monitor through the vga output. Recently I purchased an LCD monitor that only has displayport and hdmi inputs. In order to hook my desktop up to my monitor i purchased a dvi to hdmi adapter. This was working for a couple hours. Then in the middle of transferring some files from an old hard drive, the monitor displayed an error message saying "no signal". I returned and exchanged the adapter thinking it went bad. Same message on the new one. I then tried a new hdmi cord. Same issue. Then i tried going vga to my plasma tv. Still the same problem. 

Thinking that maybe the integrated video card went, I just purchased a new graphics card with dvi and hdmi outputs. Tried these 2 ports, still same problem.

I'm at a loss and don't know how to proceed. Should I now be thinking it's my motherboard that is the problem?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@JLindholm

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are not getting any display on the monitor.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

• Do you see any lights on the computer when you power it on?
  • Which graphics card did you install on the computer?
  • Did you upgrade the power supply? What is the minimum power supply required for the graphics card?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04718479

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

When powering up the pc i see a green light on in the tower. Also the power button lights up blue. I don't hear a beep however.

I recently installed a Zotac Nvidia Geforce GT710 1GB.

Power supply was not upgraded. Power supply requirements for graphics card is 300w or greater (with minimum 12 V current rating of 20 A)

HP Recommended

Update: Green light on the motherboard is lit when plugged in as well as power supply. 

When powering on, blue light on usb dongle becomes lit. I can also hear the cpu fan. Still no beep or display.

I've performed step 1 and 2 of the additional troubleshooting tips you provided. No change in outcome. I cannot attempt step 3 and 4 because there is no display.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Justin

HP Recommended

@JLindholm

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.