Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP all in one 22-C0039
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Pls anyone HELP. computer HP all in one 22-C0039.

Disk not found or bootable disk not found.

_ first i thought that the harddisk have already failed or damage so I bought a new one but still same problem.

- i tried  upgraing the BIOS that I think may help detect the HDD. But still the same problem.

- 3rd already buy a external connection for hdd and connect to a laptop. Laptop can see the harddisk i also reformat it. But when i put it back on the HP all in one it cannot detect the HDD.

- also tried using the HP diagnostics test for HDD, but no HDD found.

I dont know why the HP all in one 22-c0039 cannot ďetect the HDD storage in the BIOS or at startup. I tried everything. 

Pls pls anyone I need help. The computer use for online class by doughter. Before she can used it nicely for class meeting everyday. Were a little bit short of budget.

Pls pls help anyone.... this is my email 

Thanks and have a nice day!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The only other suggestion before a new motherboard or new PC is the M2 SSD, i mentioned.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Welcome to the forum.  First, it is not wise to put an email address on the forum and most likely a Mod will remove it.

Now on to the problem.  It sounds as though either a connection is bad to the motherboard or the controller failed.  With the BIOS not detecting the drive, that is not good.  I would try one last thing before declaring the motherboard controller bad.  you did not mention if the Diagnostics could see the drive, so I would try that.

To run the Diagnostics routine, start tapping the Esc key and then press the start button.
Keep tapping the Esc key until a popup menu shows. Then pick Diagnostics from that popup menu, F2.
Report back with the results.  If the drive is not detected in the Diagnostics routine, then the controller must have failed.

I see from the spec page, that the PC is listed as having a DVD/CD drive but do not see a SATA connection spot on the motherboard for it.  BUT, it does have a M2 slot for a SSD.  I would try connecting a M2 SSD and see if that can be used as a replacement for the problem SATA slot.  If the SATA controller has failed, then that might not work either.  And then it is a replacing the motherboard or give up.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Oops sorry for the email im just desperatebfor quick reply....

Anyway, I did run diagnostics test specifically to test the hard disk if exist and if the the diagnostics can see it. But it did not.... may be the mother board really failed. Maybe we gonna buy a new one sad.

HP Recommended

The only other suggestion before a new motherboard or new PC is the M2 SSD, i mentioned.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply ...... now i know what to do. Sad, but atleast my work for testing the device are finished. May manybthanks old man

HP Recommended

Hey theoldman how much do you think is the new board? And if ever you link kindly let me now thanks again for the great help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.