Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 750-279na Emergy Star
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

PC started normally this morning and I left the computer on "hibernate" and when restarting several hours later nothing happened. Power light shows on desktop and powers on and off. Power lights on monitor but shows no signal. I have disconnected power leads and monitor leads and all other periferals but it makes no difference.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@PedroM62,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not booting to Windows.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check whether the issue is resolved.

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.

3. Unplug the power cable from the computer.

4. With the power cord unplugged, press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors.

5. Connect the power cable, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.

6. Press the Power button to turn on the computer.

7. If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.

8. After Windows opens, reconnect each peripheral device that was disconnected, one device at a time, until all devices are reconnected.

If you continue facing the issue, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03513214

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.