Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Thin Client

Running HP Easy Shell 3.4.15.0.

Upon login to RDP connection our user chose to check "remember me". How do I remove that check-mark again?

It is blocking for other users to log on to the RDP connection. Even if I create other RDP connections, specialy set up with another username, it auto-launches the old user and logs her on. I have no posibility to log on with other username.

When I log-on with "Admin", the new RDB connection buttons work perfect, but when our users log on with "User" all buttons auto-launches the old user-logon in stead of the user specifyed in the buttons (RDP connections).

Please help me, hvile I still have hair on my head....

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi Moltrup_Wesley,

we use the argument "/ prompt" for the RDP settings in EasyShell. This prevents the user from saving his credentials in the system. You can also set this value via the GPO or Reg-File. 

I hope that would help you.

Regards Mats

HP Recommended

how do you mean u use /prompt?

or is there a other command that i can use?

and where do you need to type it in? in easyshell itself

HP Recommended

We use the Easyshell. Here you can simply pass the parameter in the RDP session. Enclosed a screenshot as we have configured. This will change the .rdp file settings

Easyshell.png

Alternatively, you can make a manipulation on the .rdp file settings via the "Expert" tab . Settings options can be found here https://www.donkz.nl/overview-rdp-file-settings/

HP Recommended

i cant see the screen shot.

But i dont see a command to disable autologon.

Do you know that command?

HP Recommended

nvm i have found the command

HP Recommended

i still cant get it to work.

the link that u send me there is something called prompt for credentials,

then i want to use number 0. 

but how do it put it in hp easyshell.

i need to fill in.

key  

HP Recommended

i still cant get it to work.

the link that u send me there is something called prompt for credentials,

then i want to use number 0. 

but how do it put it in hp easyshell.

i need to fill in.

key                     type (i can choose between S, I, B)                      value

HP Recommended

Hi, as far as I know there are two possibilities.

a) In Easyshell under the Edit RDP Connection the first tab under "Arguments" - set the entry "/ prompt"

b) Add the following values under the Expert tab

- Key = prompt for credentials
- Type = "i"
- Value =  "0"

HP Easy Shell automatically generates the RDP file for the RDP connection that you create. To add custom
values just like "prompt for credentials" to the RDP file, use the Expert tab in the RDP connection editor

Hope this will help u

HP Recommended

i odnt have a tab that says argument. 

I have looked everywhere but i dont see it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.