Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen X 900-205
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I recently upgraded the CPU liquid cooler, and now I get the typical Pump Fan 90B warning upon boot. If I don't hit Enter key fast enough, the computer will shut down, which is a hassle.

Hitting Enter lets me proceed. In fact, the CPU is fine, and in fact temperatures and noise levels are below stock part levels. I've the latest Omen X 900x205 bios installed (Bios version F.61 on system board 839F 1.0). The Omen X Desktop 900-205 is specifically Product Number: 2NL27AA#AB4

Appreciate advice,

Kevin

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @brainopera,

I read your post and I'd let to help!

HP does not recommend upgrading or downgrading hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product as It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance, however, you could change the configuration at your own discretion.

As Advanced options on bios are disabled, so there are no options to disable the error, the best way forward is using the factory shipped equipment to avoid the error

Hope this helps! 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Thanks for responding. The inability to customise components defeats the intent of owning a desktop PC, especially a gaming PC of this price point. What about if I downgrade the bios? Since "Bios Update F.13 Rev A" introduced the problematic Pump Fan detection, what if I used "Bio Update F.11 Rev A" instead?

For Reference:

Version: F.13 Rev.A

Fixed in this release: 1. Provides improved security
2. Implements PUMP Fan detection mechanism
3. Disables memory thermal throttling.

Version: F.11 Rev.A

Fixed in this release: - Provides improved security

HP Recommended

The Bios downgrade will not resolve the issue, I suggest you use the factory shipped product 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.