Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen by HP Desktop PC 880-p1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, i am trying to access the bios but after rebooting the pc and keeping on pressing ESC key, all i get is a black screen not showing anything (but the bios should be open) so all i can do is pressing f12 or such keys to then supposedly confirm to save and exit the bios, but without seeing anything on screen...

Is there a way to fix this and being able to finally call up the BIOS and actually see it on screen?

If it can help or might be cause of conflict:
I have two screens attached to the graphic card, first one on the display port, second one on hdmi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Jsiang 

IF you've been able to get into the BIOS settings before with both screens connected, I can see no reason why NOW, this is suddenly an issue.

Sounds like you CAN get into the settings but nothing is then displayed on either screen, right?

All I can suggest is trying the screens individually to see if that makes a difference.  Yeah, I know it should NOT, but that's all that comes to mind.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Jsiang 

IF you've been able to get into the BIOS settings before with both screens connected, I can see no reason why NOW, this is suddenly an issue.

Sounds like you CAN get into the settings but nothing is then displayed on either screen, right?

All I can suggest is trying the screens individually to see if that makes a difference.  Yeah, I know it should NOT, but that's all that comes to mind.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

yea in the end what i did was:
1. set only the weaker monitor as default with HDMI cable.
2. detach the main higher res screen which was on the Display Port slot.
3. reboot, and bios was available to be seen on screen.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.