Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
ENVY 700 PC

HP ENVY 700 PC-010XT froze after WIndows update

Kept crashing after WINDOWS update & tried reinstalling BIOS drive 8.1 (latest driver available) on 10 OS

After reboot unable to access BIOS setup. Appears BIOS was erased put NOT installed. 8 beeps & black screen.

1. Reinstalled BIOS DRIVE from HP

2. Crashed - reboot get 8 beeps black screen

3. Need instructions to install the BIOS from USB with all files for BOOT

4. HP ENVY 700 PC-010XT

How do I install BIOS from USB to BOOT ?

Other methods to BOOT to BIOS or WINDOWS any MODE. (safe) ?

* HP_TOOLS folder maybe not on drive will need all files for booting on USB

Unable to enter BIOS using ESC, f10,f2,win+b,win+v,b,v

All my posts are my opinion.
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@700-010xt 

Very interesting decision to erase BIOS.  Machine NEEDS BIOS to be able to boot to anything, w/o BIOS it is just a bit of junk because it does not know where to go. Please try

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c04126730

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

BIOS got erased when I tried to reinstall the DRIVERS provided by HP after reading some posts. Thought I could upgrade after installing those to fix WINDOWS 10 crashes.

All my posts are my opinion.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.