Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-01-2020 07:10 AM
Good afternoon, I've been having a problem with my laptop for a while. On start up it comes up with 'error CPU failed'. I usually press f2 and by pass it. But today I missed it and it shut down and I cant get it to reboot.
It takes me through the restore process but cant complete it. I have been into the bios but there is no advance section for the CPU fan. I have tried f2 as well on start.
Is my laptop gone for good? Is my hard drive a goner? Can I get it to reboot another way?
12-01-2020 07:37 AM
this is desktop forum not laptop sorry?> 😁 😎 😐
- does PC run with no huge battery connected, run on AC power only even for ever???? batteries do short out and make any PC go dead or wonkey.
- is the RTC coin cell battery still good, we alway check this at 5 years old or older. below 2.9vdc is fail.
- are the F12 Diagnostics dead?
- a fan or fan radiator packed in lint will overheat fast we clean them all, never skipped, once dirty.
- run the F12 Diag it will in fact tell you if the HDD is bad, for sure, smart test fails it is a bad hDD.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community