Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 17-an110nr
Microsoft Windows 11

20220809_002006.jpg

 I recently added a Dc power jack and then this happened. I rechecked all the components over 3 times and the same result appears. What do I do? I don't have installation media. How do I recover from startup?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Muazma,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This is happening because Windows cannot start/boot. It may be caused due to a hardware problem (e.g. your HDD, less likely) or it may be caused by a faulty Windows Update, some other faulty update/driver, corrupted bootloader / Boot Configuration Data in Windows, or like you mentioned Dc power jack added, etc.

1. Perform some basic hardware checks to rule out a hardware problem

- Please, shutdown the computer using the power button (pressed and hold for a few seconds until the PC powers off)

- Power the computer back on.

As soon as you press the power-on button, immediately begin hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap) before any logo appears. This should open an HP Startup Menu

- Choose F2 to open System Diagnostics. Follow the on-screen instructions to perform System Test >> Quick test.

This will check major hardware components for issues (do it just in case). Here is more info. Click here

If there are no system checks/no quick tests, perform HDD (hard disk drive) and RAM check (memory check).

If the tests pass without issues, continue. If not, please, let me know

2. Repeat steps 1-2 above but when the HP Startup menu opens, please choose F11 for System Recovery options.

The computer should boot from its recovery partition to open various recovery options. Note, that the F11 option will only work if the recovery partition is there (not deleted) and intact. From there, you have plenty of options to choose from. Every HP computer comes with a recovery partition present to assist in tough moments.

Please, perform "System Restore" first in an attempt to fix the issue. Please, restore back to previous days (restore point) where the issue was not present. Here is the video link: click here

You may also check the document for more info: here 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @Muazma,

We reached out but never heard back. Do you still need assistance? Let me know if I can help. Have a great day!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi I’m having the same problem when I did the system test it says hard drive/sad short dst check failed. Failure id RLPBHX-94BB7B-MFPW2J-60QW03

HP Recommended

Hi @Dennis156,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I understand that you are getting an error code 0xc0000185 and also the hard drive DST check Failed. 

I've sent you a private message with further instructions.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.