Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 23-a304a

15800978304054827498268727885111.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Debjo65 

Given the date of your post, I would have expected someone to respond to it before this -- but since that has not happened, I will take a shot at it ...

This is either a boot loader corruption error or the hard drive has failed.

To try to fix the first, you will need to create Boot Media using a working PC.

Macrium Reflect is a free tool that can be used to image and restore PCs, but it also has an option to create Rescue Media (in disk or USB form) that can then be used to bot and/or Repair your PC.

It is available from here: http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

What I recommend is the following:
a) Download and install Macrium Reflect (MR)
b) Use the option to create a boot USB stick or CD
c) Boot your PC from the MR media -- it will take a while, so be patient!
d) If needed, select the option to repair the Windows Boot

I know that says for Win10, but the HP product page for your PC says it came with Win8.1 and that uses the same boot loader as Win10.

If it still does not boot, that implies a serious hard drive failure.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Sounds to me like your HDD has failed completely.

Less likely, but also possible is that the HDD SATA cable is faulty or the SATA controller on the mainboard is faulty.

OR - You've just lost all partitions on the HDD and all is well (hardware wise)

Try this 1st - With the machine OFF, turn it ON and keep tapping F2. Run the HDD Test.

If it passes, then you've just lost all OS and data on the drive.

If it fails, or says there's no HDD to test, then it's probably your HDD.

If you want to replace it yourself you can, if you need assistance on the process of opening that case I can help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.