Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ENVY Phoenix 810-170st
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Now that I know what’s wrong with the machine, I need to know how I can fix it.

If it’s a new video card that’s necessary, I can replace that myself - but before I purchase a new card, I want to make sure that it’s not a motherboard issue. Entering the Failure ID (60FVXX-000A48-QFFV6J-Q2Q403) on the HP support site doesn’t provide any additional clarity. Does anyone know how to pinpoint the issue from the failed test? The computer is essentially useless without it.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't know how you can be 100% sure it isn't the motherboard, but according to the motherboard specs for your PC, it has no onboard graphics.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03605561

So the error code reported, Graphics Memory Failure, would lead me to believe that something is wrong with the video card.

Do you have another PCIe x16 video card you can test in it before buying another one?

HP Recommended
Spoiler
Spoiler

I don’t, but I’ll ensure that the replacement that I purchase one can be returned if necessary. Thank you!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.