Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 24-n014 ll in one PC Touch
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi friends,

My HP envy 24-n014 AIO PC is working fine until last week. But last week I flashed the BIOS BUL vA0.13 date: 03/22/2018 (sp89876.exe) offered by HP support on my PC. The previous version of the Bios is BUL vA0.02 and was working fine until I flashed the new BIOS. (Motherboard: IPSKL-BD Rev 1.05 SP# 797425-001, ID: 2B3E). The BIOS update is done without any problem.

When I boot from the first boot, the Bios beeps 3 long and 4 short beeps, 5 times and the PC boot with the HP logo and the screen showing the PC details in the BIOS version.

Error: Unsupported Adapter installed. The PC automatically shuts down in a few seconds and turn off the PC.

Notes: I used the Dell 120W 19.5V adapter (this is not the original HP one). But it worked until the BIOS was flashed. After flashing the new BIOS version, this error occurred. I think the BIOS code or HP did some checking of their power adapters in the BIOS micro code. Although they don't provide how to flash the previous BIOS and always say that after flashing the new BIOS, we can't go back to the previous BIOS. I think this is due to the BIOS coding done by HP. If they give another BIOS version without checking the adapter, it will be correct. But they don't, they asked for repair cost for nothing, it's their problem and they hide the reality. Even they don't specify this problem and why? Normally the adapter uses 3 cables, Jack uses the outer shield with 0V (negative), the inner shield with +19.5V and the central PIN with ?? volt signal. Now I think they will do this BIOS check with the central PIN check ... not that they did with the previous BIOS like A0.02 with me. So if anyone can answer this post or contact HP tech, it can be very helpful to solve this problem to others.

I did more tesing : Remove Battery for 1 day, Reset Bios with Jumpers etc.. changed another adapters not HP with more power like 180W, no solution.

1. I need to know how to flash again with the old BIOS version and the procedure (technical document).

2. If someone changed the original HP adapter for this model, does it work?

Thanks for your answer or comments

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello
the series of beeps, effectively indicates a power problem
it's up to you, but rather than attempting something risky, or even impossible, maybe you should use a power supply unit Designed for this model!
If the power supply box is not suitable you could destroy the computer or its components, maybe for that you have the warning too!

Recovering the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello
the series of beeps, effectively indicates a power problem
it's up to you, but rather than attempting something risky, or even impossible, maybe you should use a power supply unit Designed for this model!
If the power supply box is not suitable you could destroy the computer or its components, maybe for that you have the warning too!

Recovering the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank for your reply, But my question is Why this error came after flashing new bios version. It was working well before the flash with v0.02Bios version as I describe before. Same Power adapter (but not HP , I used Dell power adapter) used before and after. Anyway I ordered a HP original Power adapter and it's not came yet and I will test after.

regards

HP Recommended

It is just mentioned this for the last

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-envy-24-n000-all-in-one-desktop-pc-ser...

- Updates the microcode for Intel processor security enhancement.
** After this BIOS update has been installed, previous BIOS versions cannot be reinstalled.

and there is not everything for the previous ones
Only Hp could answer this

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Hello,

I read this artical to know about micro code update

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/software-security-guidance/best-practi...

But I think something wrong with Bios code... HP must reply for this disageement. Why this happand ?

Thanks for you.

HP Recommended

if you think you have a problem with Hp, then they should be contacted directly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQJyuhbr-xw

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Hello,

I received original HP power adapter (HP Part number : 730982-001 / 740243-001) HSTNN-CA25 -120W 19.5V, 6.15A ) to all in one model . it's working  and accepted. My every problem concering this issue is overcome. I think most of the people got this type of problem may be their power apapter is damaged due to the power failure or some other case. Replacing adapter may be the solution.

Thank for every reply.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.