Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY All-in-One 27-b2XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, where is missing BIOS option for disabling FN keys for HP ENVY All-in-One?

I don't see such option even latest BIOS updated. How to get rid of this retarded functionality?

Tried everything but still no solution. It makes me crazy!

IMG_9713.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Se77en

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Change the action key setting from the BIOS Setup Utility.

1. Press and hold the Power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press the f10 key repeatedly to open the BIOS Setup Utility.

3. Press the right or left arrow key to select the System Configuration menu.

4. Press the up or down arrow key to select Action Keys Mode.

5. Press the Enter key to display the Enabled / Disabled options.

BIOS setup window with the System Configuration option and Action Keys Mode selected

6. Press the up or down arrow key to select one of the options.

• Enabled: Does not require pressing fn to use the actions printed on the function keys.

For example, pressing f8 lowers the sound as printed on the key. Alternately, pressing both the fn + f8 minimizes and maximizes a web browser.

• Disabled: Requires pressing fn to use the actions printed on the function keys.

For example, pressing f1 opens a help window. Alternately, pressing both the fn + f1 keys puts the computer to sleep as printed on the key.

7. Press the f10 key to save the selection and restart the computer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As mentioned before: There is NO SUCH OPTION in my All-in-One computer BIOS. HP should implement is asap!

IMG_9718.jpg

HP Recommended

@Se77en

Thank you for posting back.

Let's update the BIOS and check: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have installed latest BIOS F.74 and updating everytime it is been released but still haven't solved.

This problem persists OVER 2 YEARS and still no solution!!! Tragic...

Poznámka 2020-07-29 161444.png

HP Recommended

@Se77en

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don't need service support because it is not HW problem.

We just need to force your SW engineers to add this feature in future BIOS version.

Please forward this issue to HP development team. Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.