Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-r159a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Operating system wouldn't boot: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD): Bad System Config Info.

Hard Disk (HDD) OK (ran "chkdsk" from Command Prompt under Windows Recovery Console).

Tried to run "HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI" - this freezes on "Initializing Diagnostics".

While looking through the BIOS, I saw:

System Info.jpg

Makes me believe the BIOS is corrupt.

On the HP Support site, I downloaded the "PC BIOS SSID 8448 F.16 Rev.A".

However, it appears that "HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI" is used to update BIOS (which freezes!).

Tried using "HP PC Diagnostics USB Koy" to update BIOS.  This requires a CSO Number & Agent ID.  Attempts using "1234" and "" (i.e. NULL) don't work.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I "chatted" to an excellent service representative, & after some troubleshooting, the problem was determined to be a system board fault.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

OK, I created the USB flash drive with the new BIOS (F.16 Rev.A).  From the HP Support site, I had tried:

Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold the Power button for 2 to 3 seconds

but nothing happened.  However, I just recently read this (on the HP Support site):

NOTE: If the key presses do not work, press and release the Power button, and then immediately, press the Windows and B keys at the same time, repeatedly, until the computer beeps or opens the BIOS update screen.

This actually worked!  Unfortunately, on rebooting, Windows 10 failed with the same failure code.

Looking at the BIOS again, I observed:

System Info new.jpg

It's the new BIOS (F.16), but it still looks corrupted! ☹️  And the system is still exhibiting the same symptoms (the "HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI" still freezes on "Initializing Diagnostics").

Perhaps the EEPROM chip(s) is(are) faulty?  Perhaps the CMOS information is corrupt or the CMOS is faulty?

HP Recommended

I "chatted" to an excellent service representative, & after some troubleshooting, the problem was determined to be a system board fault.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.