Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-r100na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I've recently experienced errors in installing the new Win 10 updates and also the pc doesn't not work well for quite a long time so decided to reset PC.  After backing up all my files, I chose to reset using cloud download option.  I'm not sure which reset process it is now as I left the pc run overnight.    Now it stucks at, firstly, the black screen with hp logo and spinning dot and then, the blue screen shows up with error stopcode: DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG       and the pc restarts again and again.    

I've try hardware diagnose, all fine.  Try to press F11, but stuck at the hp logo screen  with dot spinning and "please wait...", then nothing after.  No BIOS recovery could be founded.  

Is there anything else I could do?

Thanks for the help in advanced.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@alicec11 -- I doubt that you have a "BIOS issue". 

What PNP ("plug-and-play") devices are connected to your computer?

Disconnect all the attached USB devices (Bluetooth adapter, USB memory-stick, printer, scanner, recharging iPhone, external disk-drive, et cetera) leaving only the keyboard & mouse connected. Then, try again.

HP Recommended

Hi,  thank you for the reply.  I've detached everything except for the mouse and keyboard (wireless, so there's a Bluetooth connector) even before resetting the PC so really have no ideas where the error coming from.

Regards, 

Alice

HP Recommended

hi

"After backing up all my files, I chose to reset using cloud download option."

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

have you tried this?

in case
try to create installation media with microsoft 's media option, and try to install windows with

https://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/software-download/windows10

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi, thank you for the solution.  However, I'm stuck at the HP logo screen with spinning dot, couldn't able to login windows so cannot do step 3.  Is there any other thoughts?

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Sorry which stage are you talking about exactly?
You must create installation media with a working computer.
You will have to restart the "broken" computer with the installation tool created dvd or usb
And perform a new installation
This means that everything should be erased, but as you indicated that you have backed up your data, is not that a problem?

is it ok ?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.