Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
h8-1360t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Was working fine the night before last, but re-booted in middle of night (don't know why since i don't have auto update on)

the next morning there was an error PXE-E53 - No boot filename received.

PXE-MOF- Existing Intel PXE ROM

Error - No boot disk has been detected.

I went into HP Advanced diagnostic and ran HD test Extended and i came back after 2 hours stating it was good

Please help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Your computer is capable of booting from several devices:

• CD/DVD
  • disk-drive
  • floppy-disk
  • USB memory-stick
  • over the network, by loading files from a "boot-server" (most often found on a "corporate" network)

Your computer failed to boot from your disk-drive, and the PXE ("Pre Execution Environment") tried to connect to that boot-server, but failed to connect, or failed to find the correct image for your computer on that boot-server.

Anyway, your problem is that your disk-drive is failing, and must be replaced.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.