Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
h8-1360t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Every so often (sometimes more than once a day, sometimes not for several days) my PC resets and then gives the error that there is no boot device present. If I turn off the PC and wait 10-15 seconds to turn it back on, it boots fine.

I ran HP PC Hardware Diagnostic and the Long Drive Self-Test.

The test failed and ended with the following Failure ID = 9GADUF-00096R-WPTX0J-61DG03. What does it mean and what do I need to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It means that your disk-drive is in "imminent failure" status, and must be replaced.

While the disk-drive still has some "life":

1. purchase a brand-new Seagate disk-drive, of the same physical dimensions as your current disk-drive;

2. connect it as a "secondary" disk-drive,

3. download the free SEATOOLS software from www.Seagate.com

4. install it,

5. run its "disk-cloning" feature to copy, block-for-block, from "old" to "new" disk-drive,

If a few blocks cannot be copied, then 99.9999 % of the blocks have been copied, and the few "missing" blocks may be "non-critical",

6. shutdown

7. remove your disk-drive

8. connect the new disk-drive

9. reboot -- you will find that all your personal files, and installed programs, have been copied.

Note: in #1, above, you could purchase a Western Digital disk-drive, if you then, in #3, download "Acronis WD Edition" from www.wd.com  and use that "disk-cloning" software

-----------
Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

It means that your disk-drive is in "imminent failure" status, and must be replaced.

While the disk-drive still has some "life":

1. purchase a brand-new Seagate disk-drive, of the same physical dimensions as your current disk-drive;

2. connect it as a "secondary" disk-drive,

3. download the free SEATOOLS software from www.Seagate.com

4. install it,

5. run its "disk-cloning" feature to copy, block-for-block, from "old" to "new" disk-drive,

If a few blocks cannot be copied, then 99.9999 % of the blocks have been copied, and the few "missing" blocks may be "non-critical",

6. shutdown

7. remove your disk-drive

8. connect the new disk-drive

9. reboot -- you will find that all your personal files, and installed programs, have been copied.

Note: in #1, above, you could purchase a Western Digital disk-drive, if you then, in #3, download "Acronis WD Edition" from www.wd.com  and use that "disk-cloning" software

-----------
Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

HP Recommended

Clarification:

To do this I (you) need Disc Wizard from Seagate and not SeaTools.

For those who might have the same problem, Disc Wizard wouldn't run successfully from Windows. I had to load it to a USB, boot from that and then run the Disc Wizard.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.