Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteDesk 800 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

When I boot up my PC system, the back USB ports is wholly disabled so you can't use any keyboard to get into the BIOS or react to pausing questions.

The Front USB ports works normally so you have to plug in your keyboard in this part of the computer.

How can I enable the Back USB ports to respond on booting process ?

Or is it normally that the Front USB aren't powered on BIOS Booting ?

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

hp-elitedesk-800-g2 (what size case is it?) the endless question here.?????????????????????????????????????????????

HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Small Form Factor PC, HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Tower PC, HP EliteOne 800 G2 21.5-inch All-in-One PC, HP EliteOne 800 G2 23-inch Touch All-in-One PC

well does those ports fail under BIOS too.? using a keyboard to test all USB ports for ESC hot key to BIOS works.

go into BIOS and turn on all USB ports.

that is always  step 1.

some PCs old the USB3 ports are dead in BIOS and not  USB2, but in windows it needs a driver to work. right.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitedesk-800-g2-small-form-factor-pc/7633277

The BIOS tells you if the ports are enable AND IF BOOTABLE AND THE BOOT order page tells you if it can boot.

move USB needed to boot to top of ORDER LIST, as seen on all PCs. made.

NO warranty answers by me.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

hp-elitedesk-800-g2 (what size case is it?) the endless question here.?????????????????????????????????????????????

HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Small Form Factor PC, HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Tower PC, HP EliteOne 800 G2 21.5-inch All-in-One PC, HP EliteOne 800 G2 23-inch Touch All-in-One PC

well does those ports fail under BIOS too.? using a keyboard to test all USB ports for ESC hot key to BIOS works.

go into BIOS and turn on all USB ports.

that is always  step 1.

some PCs old the USB3 ports are dead in BIOS and not  USB2, but in windows it needs a driver to work. right.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitedesk-800-g2-small-form-factor-pc/7633277

The BIOS tells you if the ports are enable AND IF BOOTABLE AND THE BOOT order page tells you if it can boot.

move USB needed to boot to top of ORDER LIST, as seen on all PCs. made.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

@Savvy2 Thank you very much for your kind help. Greetings from Luxembourg. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.