Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 20 All in One PC (hp 20-2110IN ALL IN ONE DESKTOP)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

in the BIOS SETUP unable to enable the Legacy Boot Sources 

inspite of pressing F5  (where it says you must disable the secure boot before you may configure this option.)

UNDER SECURITY IN BIOS 

IN SECURE BOOT CONFIGURATION   there is no choice to enable legacy boot it only shows to disable or

enable secure boot 

Inspite of disabling secure boot legacy boot sources under Storage is still disabled

I want to change the boring windows 8.1 to windows 10

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is the guide for what should steps are needed to accomplish.  Some of the information may look confussing.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03653226

BTW: if the main goal is to install Windows 10, it can be done with the Windows 8 or 8.1 running in that link I posted.  Just click on the "Update Now" button in the first catagory and it should do it without needing to boot to the install Media

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I think you can do the Windows 10 install from this site:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

It will upgrade from the site or you can use the Media Creation tool to make the USB.  Scroll down to the "Using the tool to create installation media" and follow the directions for the USB.  Insert the USB in the USB port and then reboot to the setup menu.  It should show as a bootable source.  FYI: a bootable source must be in the USB port for it to show up.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

We can try to install through the link provided by you but the main question is I am not able to boot from any bootable

usb drive or CDROM drive.

The reason being in the BIOS setup I am not able to enable the Legacy Device boot option 

It allows me to disable the secure boot option (under Security tab secure boot configuration in that I can disable Secure Boot )but in that menu it doesnot show any legacy boot device tab to enable or Disable)

under Storage tab 

In  BOOT Order 

there is    UEFI Boot Sources    in this all the options are accessible for enabling and disabling  

below this there is grayed out  " Legacy Boot Sources "  :   Disabled

If I select it ,  it ask to press F5 to enable 

on pressing F5 it says in Red Strip

You Must disable Secure Boot Before you may configure this option 

and Secure Boot under Security tab as mentioned earlier is already disabled

So need help on this

thank you

HP Recommended

Here is the guide for what should steps are needed to accomplish.  Some of the information may look confussing.

BTW: if the main goal is to install Windows 10, it can be done with the Windows 8 or 8.1 running in that link I posted.  Just click on the "Update Now" button in the first catagory and it should do it without needing to boot to the install Media

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Updated to windows10 using the Link Provided by you

Thank you

@TheOldMan wrote:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.