Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 6200 Pro Microtower
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

how to assign password to HP6200 desktop PC setup to make UEFI options for secure boot visible ?
and  i  can`t boot new OS on any other devices because my computer booting  only on hard drive (no  DVD or USB flash ) ?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

The HP 6200 Pro business desktop PC series does not have the secure boot option.

Only PC's that came with W8 or newer from the factory would have secure boot, such as the later models of the HP 6300 Pro business desktop series.

To boot from another device (DVD/Flash drive), turn on the PC, tap the ESC key at the beginning of the HP welcome screen to get the menu of options.

Select the F9 boot options menu.

There should be a Legacy boot devices section.

Select the USB flash drive or DVD from that section.

Now this is important...when booting from a DVD you actually have to go to the line below where the DVD is listed (I think it will say SATA 2), select that, and press the Enter key.

The PC should then boot from the DVD.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.