Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Recline 27-k150xt TouchSmart All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So my PC doesn't boot or start up as it sould just started yesterday. I have been Googling and Youtubing for hour's. The back light; light up then is gose black.  Then the same thing happens and then you hear 6 beeps with the same tone and length then nothing.

• Unplugged and plugged it back in
  • Held the power button down for 15 to 60 sec. with it unplugged
  • Removed the ram and re-installed the ram

So then I removed the Cmos Battery for about 15 to 20mins "anything less didn't work" plugged everything backup and the some thing happens 6 beeps etc...

Then I repeated  the Unplugged hold for 15sec. and plugged everything backup; THEN I get the HP logo and it starts up.  But after you do a rest the 6 beeps of death are back.

So I did these steps with no luck!

• Once it started, I let the PC try to repair and fix the issue 
  • Accessed the Bio
  • Checked the boot sequence order
  • Reconfigured the boot sequence order
  • Ran a diagnostic on the Ram & Hard drive both PASSED
  • Rest to default 
  • Checked the boot sequence order
  • Reconfigured the boot sequence order
  • Ran a diagnostic via the Bio on the Ram & Hard drive both PASSED
  • Went into Device Manager updated everything that could be update including the obvious stuff related to this issue

I want to flash the Bio's in hopes that will work but HP doesn't offer any downloads available for this Years: 2014, Make: HP and Model: 27-k150xt and the only other thing I can think of is moving the jumper around on the mother board. Other then that I'm lost. Please help

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

A six beep BIOS error code for PCs made before 2015 indicates a problem with graphics (Link).

You may have to replace the system board because your PC has integrated graphics.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.