Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ElitePad 900
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Hi,

I have an HP elitepad 900.

The issue is I have secure erased it, an option available by HP but without warning, this has removed the OS and Drivers and as the Bios is built into the os I have no access to anything but the screen that states:

"Boot device not found, please install an operating system on your hard disk.

Hard disk (3F0).

and when i  choose f2 the screen that states:

The HP BIOS Application selected is corrupt or missing. Please install the application and try again 

BIOS Application Error (501) 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Amerimex 

So what did you think SecureErase did, if not wipe the entire drive!

Suppliers of SSDs provide this feature so you can wipe their entire drive in only a few minutes.  Because SSDs slow down over time, just erasing files and folders does not improve their performance.  But using this HARDWARE function wipes the entire drive, effectively resetting it to its original condition.  I have done this several times with all my SSDs and the performance gain is noticeable.

The BIOS is NOT built into the OS; instead, it is FIRMWARE that is programmed into a chip on the motherboard.

What I would try is using the HP Cloud Recovery function:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I purchased 20 of these and they we're supposed to be reset to factory settings. However when I receive them they were not and I did not have the password to sign in. So I messaged the tech department where I purchased them from and they give me step-by-step instructions to do a secure erase. So I followed their instructions and now it seems that the tablets are bricked??? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.