Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-03-2022 01:26 PM
I have an HP Envy desktop TE01-100i, purchased in February 2022, that works well most of the time, but sometimes when
I come back to it after leaving it running, it has crashed. The screen is dark, but when I move the mouse or strike a key to
bring it back to life, the display screen contains only static and there is a crackling noise. It may go on to cycle between a
dark screen and the static/crackling. The only remedy is to power off, wait a while, then reboot. This usually works, though
it may take two tries. This scenario occurs infrequently -- sometimes weeks between incidents -- but recently it was only
two days. It has never crashed while in use, but the pattern is unsettling. I keep Win 11 (Home) updated automatically.
Networking is wired, and there are several devices (CD/DVD read/write drive, external hard disk drive and Fujitsu scanner)
connected to the USB ports.
07-06-2022 06:21 AM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,
I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
And, also run BIOS Update from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community